November 16, 2012

Update

A quick Update ...I posted this on Facebook and wanted to share it here too!
As most of you know already my SO (now my husband), had a heart attack on Oct 24th. Some really freaking scary stuff. He eats healthy and keeps in shape, never even gets sick...... and then this. I think I was in shock more than anything else. If I hadn't called 911 when I did, he would not be here. His heart stopped 2 minutes after the EMT's arrived. 2 minutes - that's how close it came. We met with the EMT and Paramedic (Mark and Mike) that first responded that night, and they are awesome. After sitting and chatting with them for a whole afternoon, it makes me further realize how blessed I am for Kelly to still be here with us.

Kelly is now doing MUCH better. He has went from not being able to put on shoes and socks himself to now walking, driving again, almost full normal activity again. We both want to thank all of you that sent GET WELL wishes. It was super touching and so appreciated. I feel very blessed to have such sweet and loving followers. Kelly continues to get stronger each day and with his rehab he starts tomorrow - we are well on our way. 12 weeks of bootcamp for him now lol.

The last few days have been finally feeling back to normal for me, some what lol. I'm wanting to get back on track with the blog, and it's been a challenge. I'm so outta of the loop and not even sure how to jump back in ....I was in the middle of Halloween swatching, that I can no longer do. I feel off track and lost :) I have some new fall polishes, so just working it all out in my head now. Any comeback suggestions would be great lol.

Thank so much for your continued support, and keep your eyes open for me. I have a few ideas for my comeback :)

ALSO - I will be announcing winners tomorrow night for my open contests. I had a few that were still open and I will do my best to contact winners for a seriously expired giveaway. Tomorrow I will post about that - try and have that all fixed.

See you guys soon!
TPH

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is great news. I would make your comeback with whatever nail polish makes you smile the most : ) What one do you really want to wear?

    I can't wait to see! : )

    Way to make a come back Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you and so glad to hear Kelly is doing better! When you are ready just jump back in to blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you both all the best, especially in health department :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy things are getting back to normal for you and your husband! Sorry both of you had to go through that, I can't imagine how scary that must've been. I look forward to drooling over your swatches again :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please take good care of yourself as well. I am glad to see that Kelly is doing much better. We will always be here so just take your time to adjust back to what you feel like having on your nails. Your blog your say so don't worry too much.

    Sending out hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you had to go through that but happy to hear he is doing better!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's so good to hear that he's doing great!!! Gosh, I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!!!
    My suggestion for the comeback: just do what you... We all obviously understand why you took a break! Hell, even if you took a break just cuz, that would be fine too!! So pick up where you left off!! No worries if they're still Halloween collections, I still pick up polishes from different years, not only 'season appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he feels better himself quick! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries for US sweetie! Start wherever feel comfortable...don't try and catch-up. I eventually posted stuff that I had a few pictures of, but I wasn't quite as "2 coast of XX polish" (OCD). Take it easy and maybe just some pictures at first until you get your groove back. It takes time. it has been 7 months and I don't quite have my groove back yet...but that is OK-I am sure everyone understands. For me-just glad Kelly is ok and you are feeling a bit like coming back to blogging...*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very glad to hear that your Kelly is making such a good recovery and is going to do a heart rehab program. My father-in-law went through something similar some time back, so if you ever need a shoulder to lean on or someone to listen, just give my inbox a hollar, as I know how stressful it can get. And don't forget to take some time out for you once in awhile. :0) Sometimes care givers, especially those who are married to the ones they help care for, tend to think they don't need them, but those are the people who need them the most, even if it's just 15 minutes here and there. I wish Kelly continued success in his recovery and hope he'll be 100% by the end of his 12 week program. Congrats to you both on your marriage! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that your husband's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog a week ago and am very glad to hear he's doing so well. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way when I say take all the time you need to get back on track. As much as I love your blog now that I've found it, your husbands health is so much more important. I hope he continues to do well in his recovery and don't forget to take care of yourself as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear this update! Did I read that right that you guys got married!?!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...